Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Two Very Different Bentos

Avery doesn't have school tomorrow so technically she doesn't need a packed lunch. But, I think we may go have lunch with Haley at school so I decided to go ahead and pack her one. I think this is the first time, since I started packing them bento-style, that I made them completely different lunches. Basically, that was out of necessity. We only had two pieces of bread left so my PB&J lover got them. Haley, who is much less picky, got her sandwich on Hawaiian tea rolls (yum!). Switching it up even more, I stuck with a Christmas theme with Haley but veered on Avery's. She was so excited to have ants on a log that she didn't even notice it wasn't Christmas themed. She LOVES ants on a log but I never knew how well it would travel to school (bounced around on the bus, thrown in the lunch box bin, etc.) Since we'll be carrying it to lunch, I think it will be fine.
  • 2 turkey and cheese sandwiches on Hawaiian tea rolls with a cheddar cheese Christmas tree garnish (his face is cucumber peel)
  • a piece of string cheese
  • peas
  • red grapes with Christmas tree picks

  • PB&J roll-ups (or PB&J sushi if you want to sound really bento-ish!)
  • a clementine
  • Babybel cheese
  • celery with peanut butter and raisins (Ants on a log)

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, how cute! I love the ants on a log. And it's really nutritious, too. You could try laying the celery on a bed of lettuce and see if it is more stable that way? Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete