Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Thursday, May 26, 2011

O.W.L. Camp!

Tomorrow, the 2nd grade goes to camp! Well, at least they are hosting a camp for the next 4 days during school. Everyone is looking forward to O.W.L (Ohio Wildlife Learning) Camp so I made a themed bento to start things off!








  • Turkey and veggie cream cheese on a whole wheat sandwich thin. The owl is made from provolone, cheddar and icing eyes.


  • Red grapes


  • Broccoli with "camp" picks


  • Pretzel and cheddar campfire (flames decorated with food safe markers)



and for dessert






  • S'mores, of course! (golden grahams, mini marshmallows, and milk chocolate chips)

Check out What's for Lunch Wednesday for other cute lunch ideas!

5 comments:

  1. omgoodness! that is so cute!
    i have a softspot for anything with owls ;) so appropriate for camp. love the 'flames' and smores!

    http://keeleymcguire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you are a "Hoot"! This one cracks me up, it's so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my absolute favorite Bento you have made! Thank you for sharing your blog with me. Also, thank you for making the "Wetlands" sign for my class. It was a great beginning to OWL Camp this week. You are just fabulous! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a well thought out lunch! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete