Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Monday, December 19, 2011

Candy Canes

It's hard to believe this is my last school lunch in 2011!! The girls are off school for the holidays starting tomorrow -- woo hoo!!!





  • Bagel sandwich on a mini whole wheat bagel with a provolone and cheddar candy cane.

  • Babybel with a candy cane cut out

  • Fruit salad (blueberries, raspberries, pineapple and strawberries) with a candy cane pick

  • Peas

  • Hershey Kisses*

* I was going to include a mini candy cane for dessert but I was afraid they wouldn't have time to finish it and would be forced to throw it away before going out for recess. In fear of that being traumatic, I opted for Hershey Kisses instead.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! LOVE how the babybel turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cute box meals! I even went out and bought some containers! (We've used them a few times and they've worked wonderful for car trips!) But I was wondering - when you cut out bread, cheese, etc, what do you do with the "scraps"? I'm a frugal Mom and wouldn't want to just throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to cut so there are few scraps. If the scraps (especially cheese) are big enough, I save them for later use. If they are too small to save, we snack on them.

    ReplyDelete