Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gingerbread House

My youngest is giving a presentation on her favorite family tradition. The topic she chose was our family tradition of making a gingerbread house. So, I made her a lunch to celebrate! I think both of the girls will love it because they get to eat their dessert (the candy decorations) first! ;)




  • "Gingerbread" sandwich, decorated with white chocolate*, gum drops and other candies left over from making our real gingerbread houses.

  • Cheddar "gingerbread men"

  • Cucumber and tomato slices with ranch

  • Blackberries


* I used white chocolate instead of icing because it hardens and peels off of the bread. That way they can eat it separately rather than as part of their sandwich.



Bento Lunch

5 comments:

  1. THIS is what I had envisioned for my bento today... but, due to many factors, it just didn't happen!! Thanks for the inspiration- maybe I'll try for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazingly cute!! I love the gingerbread house sandwich :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red and green slices. Very festive. I've been working on something in my head involving a red and green theme (which may or may not actually materialize), and this is great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete