Making Lunch Fun, One Box at a Time

ben·tol·o·gy (ben t äləjē) Noun : The study of making nutritious and fun lunches for my daughters.

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs. So, in hopes someone might get some inspiration from me, I've decided to post some pictures here.

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.Proverbs 3:7-9

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Author Visit

Today, author and photographer Michael Patrick O'Neill visited the girls' school.  O'Neill is a professional award-winning wildlife photographer, author and conservationist specializing in marine wildlife and environmental issues.  He has written seven non-fiction marine life books including Let's Explore Sharks, and Let's Explore Coral Reefs, designed to encourage school children to read, write and get involved in science and conservation.

We decided such an exciting day deserved a fun themed lunch!    My birthday was over the weekend and I got some new fun food markers.  My youngest was excited to help so she made her own lunch and I made my other daughter's lunch.

Here is what we came up with:


  • Starfish sandwich, decorated with food safe markers and icing eyes
  • Hard boiled egg, decorated with food safe markers
  • Sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes with ranch
  • Blackberries, decorated with a fish pick
She asked me to specify that this was the lunch she made (wink, wink):

  • Starfish and fishy sandwiches, decorated with food safe markers
  • Broccoli, with a turtle pick, and ranch
  • Blackberries with a starfish pick
  • A little trick-or-treat candy
Here are some of the products we used when making these lunches:


1 comment:

  1. They're both adorable! I think it's really cool you themed your children's lunches around what's happening, what better way to keep them interested!

    ReplyDelete